On street parking enforcement
Our enforcement patrol all parking restricted areas of the Kampala City and issue penalty charges to violators. This reduces dangerous parking, improves traffic flow and helps to keep designated disabled parking bays available for those who need them.
To avoid a parking ticket:
- check the signs and lines where you park
- park within a permitted bay and make sure the whole vehicle is in the bay
- don’t park on a single or double yellow line because other people have
- yellow lines and limited waiting bays apply on bank holidays too unless a sign indicates otherwise
- don’t assume you can stop for a short time
- don’t park beside a dropped kerb
- Always get assistance from our parking control attendants
The person who owns the vehicle is responsible for all unpaid penalty charges. Penalty charges can now be issued at two levels:
- 50,000 ugx for serious contraventions e.g. parking on pavements , corners and other restricted areas, double parking among other violations as mentioned above.
- 100,000 ugx for all vehicles that have been clamped and later towed to our offices.
AREAS WHERE YOU SHOULD NEVER PARK
Dastrol street left hand side.
lower lowm middle lane
Nasa road, Right hand side
An individual cannot park or leave a motor vehicle on either private property or municipal property without the consent of the property owner or occupant. You should contact the Multiplex Enforcement unit to file a complaint regarding illegal parking.